Features determining athletic performance.
Athletic performance is a quantitative measure of the outcome of competitive activity athlete or team. All kinds of sports on a method for determining the competitive outcome can be grouped into four groups: The first group can be distinguished sports disciplines in which outcomes are measured metric values: time, distance, weight shells, accuracy of hitting the target.
This group can be divided in two subgroups:
- Sports discipline with a relatively constant external conditions of competition (light and heavy lifting, swimming, cycling track, shooting, etc..)
- Sports disciplines associated with non-environmental conditions of the competition, with the variability of the profile lines and the external weather conditions, currents of water flows (ski, skiing, sailing, skating, cycling on the highway, canoeing, orienteering, triathlon, etc..).
The second group can include sports, sports in which the outcome is determined subjectively by judges in arbitrary units on the external perception of the complexity and beauty made combinations or individual exercises. This group may also be divided into two subgroups:
- Sports, which exhibited a total notional assessment scores (sports and gymnastics, acrobatics, synchronized swimming, diving, etc..)
- Sports, where the final assessment consists of two different indicators. For example, ski jumping (score range and style jump); figure skating (appraisal exercise in points and the sum of employed persons, the judges awarded the overall impression).
In the third group can be divided into three subgroups:
- Sports, in which the result is determined by the net effect (account) for a certain, limited regulations, time (football, hockey, handball, basketball, and others.)
- Sports, in which, in spite of the limited regulations the match, probably accelerated the achievement of victory (wrestling, boxing, fencing, chess, etc.).
- Sports, in which victory is determined ultimately limited, but the fight is not limited to the time of (tennis, table tennis, volleyball, and other towns.).
The fourth group includes comprehensive sports - all-round, in which the evaluation takes place on the competition rules laid down for their component of sports disciplines.